It’s NOT because
-you’re too lazy.
-have bad genes.
-lack the time
-or because you lack motivation
It’s because you don’t understand the archetypes that live within you.
And….it’s not your fault that you don’t know these archetypes exist.
However, if you truly desire to change, it is your responsibility to embody a new way of being.
It may not always be the easiest choice but it will help you get closer to your goals.
Understanding these archetypes will help bridge the gap between where you are at now and where you want to be.
This is just the beginning…...next week I am going to cover how to honor and implement these ways of being into your life.
If you desire to bring clarity towards accomplishing your goals as well as teach yourself to stand by your promises, join me with my 21 Days Fit Program.
It is open for enrollment and you have a few more days to secure your slot.
The number one thing I want you to focus on is showing up consistently! If you’re new to fitness or this is your 32nd time showing up to a program, this time is going to be different! We’ve all said this right?
The issue is when we think that this is going to be the end all be all. It’s different because you recognize this is lifelong. The different workout programs and workouts are offering you the guidance and support you’ve been looking for.
You have to show up today, exactly as you are, to do them.
Even while knowing it’s not going to be perfect!
I still remember my first days fumbling my way around the weight room watching people who I thought knew what they were doing.
Then I practiced the movements again and again until they felt better. Each day I showed up with the intent of being a little bit better. When I shifted my mindset to being a little bit better for me, everything changed.
I stopped showing up in fear of what other people thought.
I stopped worrying about who was judging me.
I allowed myself to enjoy the process.
So decide right here and now, that this is it.
This is the last time you question if you can do it.
You are strong, capable and now you are going to be consistent!
MY 8 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU STICK WITH YOUR FITNESS ROUTINE!
1. Schedule your workouts ahead of time and don’t get overboard!
Plan for success: Focus on which days of the week you’re working out and choose ahead of time what type of workouts fit. PUT THIS ON YOUR CALENDAR! If you don’t make time for these workouts and dedicate yourself to showing up for yourself it won’t happen. It will be the last thing on that never-ending to-do list and it will never get done. This is so crucial for your success.
2. Ditch the all-or-nothing mentality. You can modify the workouts if you need to. Can’t jump or lunge? That’s fine! Pick a movement you can do! Don’t have the perfect equipment? Pick up a heavy bag of rice! Don’t have an hour on Monday to do the workout? That’s okay, set a timer for 30 minutes and finish what you can! This all-or-nothing mentality will keep you from ever getting to your goals. Show up as you are now, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
3.Get your form down! Recording yourself is an amazing tool! You also can use a mirror to see If you’re using the proper form. Being able to check in with your body is a beautiful thing. You can use this feedback to check the video demonstrations and aim to get a little better each day! Still, want more feedback? Post to one of the social groups!
4. Use the right amount of weight! If the weight feels too light, use a heavier weight! Don’t have a heavier weight? Increase the time under tension and hold the weight for longer. Simply squeezing and engaging the muscles more will help you drastically. If the weight feels too heavy decrease the number of reps.
5. Take a freaking rest day when you need to! You know your body, you can FEEL when you’re not pushing hard enough. You can also feel when you’re taking too many days off and need to show up more. Get really honest with yourself and you will know what you need.
6. Find the joy in movement. Your perspective going into your workouts make all the difference. It can be something you’re looking forward to or something you're dreading. Choose to make it something I look forward to every day. This is for you!
7. When in doubt, just move. Yes, move. Dance, play, bike, swim, walk. Anything! If a workout doesn’t align with what you need just make sure you move! This is about consistently showing up for yourself.
8. Don't take it too seriously. Often you will find me dancing in the weight room. It literally gets to be what you make it. Allowing myself to live in a state of complete joy brightens so many other peoples day. I know this because they tell me.
The best part? Me increasing my vibe for me allows others to increase their vibe too. When the goal is always me first. I literally had a 2x national body building champion told me I didn't need to wipe down the equipment because he didn't think I had cooties. The story you're creating about others judging you is a story.
I mean you never know what embracing your most goofy, fun, expressed self could really take you....
This all comes down to your personal goals, what you are learning to like, how much time you dedicate and make space for, and what equipment or household items you have to complete your routine.
If you desire to get back on track, to start a routine, or increase strength my 21 Day Fit Program starts 9-27-2021!
This program will help you self lead so you can
In my 8 plus years of coaching, I’ve heard just about every single reason why my clients aren’t reaching their goals. Below are a few of the following and you may be able to relate!
First off, I want to say your feelings are valid and the way you’re seeing the situation isn’t necessarily wrong. However, if you want to make drastic changes in your life you have to start with a shift in your perspective.
My desire in writing this blog for you is to see that you have more power than you give yourself credit for. I have been blown away by my client’s personal power through small micro shifts in their mindset, emotions, and actions.
If you truly embody some of these lessons you could completely shift your perception and action to create the body and mindset of your dreams.
1. I don’t have time- I have trained with multi-millionaires and single moms of 4. It may not be ideal or easy for you and I get that it may actually be more difficult for you. This is where you empower yourself to make the time for prioritizing your needs and desires and ditch perfectionism. My pro tip: Schedule your workout with the time of least disruption. This looks different for all of us and you know your schedule best. I highly encourage you to dive even deeper and sacrifice the hour of scrolling on social media or the Netflix series binging….. but is that really even a sacrifice?
2. I think it’s boring- I think of this like tracing letters in kindergarten, learning addition, or any task where the foundational principles feel so repetitive. The baseline of anything is always going to feel a little boring. That is, unless you choose to see it otherwise. Lifting, running, eating, working, and most of life is repetition. How you decide to honor and elevate that repetition is up to you. Plus, you get to decide if you put on Cardi B or Lizzo and dance in between. You get to choose to be excited about the body you’re building. You get to decide that this ultimately is going to change your life. Or you can decide it’s not exciting enough. You make the difference. Ps. Beyonce is a great choice too.
3. I’m self-conscious- I understand how painful it can be to not be comfortable in your own skin. I’ve been there and I hope you hear this with love and compassion. Your body and mind are a reflection of how you’ve treated yourself thus far. This is where you’re at now but it doesn’t always have to be that way. It is going to feel uncomfortable until you embody a new way of thinking, being, and acting. I know overweight women who OWN IT and I know in shape women who hate themselves and pick themselves apart. You get to decide how the journey looks for you. With one-one coaching, this is far a smoother journey but if you’re navigating this alone, give yourself some credit. As you develop self-trust and work yourself through the hard parts it becomes easier. You embody more of your desires because you’re no longer denying yourself the body and the dreams that you’ve always had. This will increase your confidence.
4. I’m too tired after work. I get it, there are days where I have a day full of presentations, content creations, and client calls. Sometimes I am too tired, too, and you know what I do? I show up. I give it all I have while taking care of myself. If this is a chronic issue for you look at where you’re putting out too much energy people-pleasing or over giving, this is a whole other topic. So I ask, Is it in trying to convince your boss something? Is it fighting with your spouse? Is it mac & cheese and ice cream most nights? Where can you honor yourself more so you can devote more time to taking care of what matters most to you? Start to get really in tune where you’re outputting too much mental and emotional energy. Seriously no judgment here I am a recovering people pleaser. P.s. do you still like me!? (Jk and I love you either way.)
5. I’m lazy. First of all, no, and stop labeling yourself lazy! You are not lazy. You are excelling in many areas of your life. Maybe you’re a mom, a CEO, a fashionista, a social butterfly, an assistant, or an amazing companion. There are parts of your life where you ultimately thrive! You just think that you’re lazy in this area because you haven’t figured out how to form a habit around it. You keep repeating the starting process where you feel sore and demotivated because you slipped up once. Once you get over the first few weeks of the learning and foundational phase you are much more likely to be set up for ultimate success. You just decide to become the person who is the “fit person” and you keep repeating that process. (The boring part right? Where you love yourself unconditionally.)
6. I tried it before and it didn’t work. Yes, you probably tried it with an all-or-nothing mentality. You probably said you were going to give up everything in your lifestyle like happy hour, binge-watching Netflix, scrolling through Instagram, and people pleasing. One thing at a time. This goes for all of us. We can approach all of these at once but understand that life is like a game of shoots and ladders. Sometimes you text your ex and you have to repeat the same lesson. It’s all good. Just because you texted him or had that serving of cake doesn’t mean you have to self-sabotage and hang out with him or finish off the next 8 slices. I promise, even if you do, it’s all good. Once you instill the belief that your evolution is a no matter what deal and your love is unconditional you’ll stop being so hard on yourself. You can give yourself more grace and embody the person you are becoming.
7. My family and friends aren’t supportive. You probably have shown them that you can’t trust yourself or you just have lived a lifestyle that doesn’t support your new one. No matter what it is for you that you desire in this life you have to believe it first, no matter what. The only person that ultimately needs to believe this is you. If you really don’t have a support system I highly encourage you to surround yourself with more people who believe in the same things. Your family and happy hour friends don’t have to believe in this goal but you do.
You can join my community or apply for 1-1 coaching if you desire more support and guidance. This can make a world of a difference when you start to lose sight of your belief in yourself and your goals.
The possibilities are endless when you show up in your self-leadership for sustainability.
When you start creating excuses when it all can’t work promise me you’ll take a step back just to see how with a simple shift, it all can work out.
You deserve it.
Women's Health & Fitness Specialist.