The number one thing I want you to focus on is showing up consistently! If you’re new to fitness or this is your 32nd time showing up to a program, this time is going to be different! We’ve all said this right?
The issue is when we think that this is going to be the end all be all. It’s different because you recognize this is lifelong. The different workout programs and workouts are offering you the guidance and support you’ve been looking for.
You have to show up today, exactly as you are, to do them.
Even while knowing it’s not going to be perfect!
I still remember my first days fumbling my way around the weight room watching people who I thought knew what they were doing.
Then I practiced the movements again and again until they felt better. Each day I showed up with the intent of being a little bit better. When I shifted my mindset to being a little bit better for me, everything changed.
I stopped showing up in fear of what other people thought.
I stopped worrying about who was judging me.
I allowed myself to enjoy the process.
So decide right here and now, that this is it.
This is the last time you question if you can do it.
You are strong, capable and now you are going to be consistent!
MY 8 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU STICK WITH YOUR FITNESS ROUTINE!
1. Schedule your workouts ahead of time and don’t get overboard!
Plan for success: Focus on which days of the week you’re working out and choose ahead of time what type of workouts fit. PUT THIS ON YOUR CALENDAR! If you don’t make time for these workouts and dedicate yourself to showing up for yourself it won’t happen. It will be the last thing on that never-ending to-do list and it will never get done. This is so crucial for your success.
2. Ditch the all-or-nothing mentality. You can modify the workouts if you need to. Can’t jump or lunge? That’s fine! Pick a movement you can do! Don’t have the perfect equipment? Pick up a heavy bag of rice! Don’t have an hour on Monday to do the workout? That’s okay, set a timer for 30 minutes and finish what you can! This all-or-nothing mentality will keep you from ever getting to your goals. Show up as you are now, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
3.Get your form down! Recording yourself is an amazing tool! You also can use a mirror to see If you’re using the proper form. Being able to check in with your body is a beautiful thing. You can use this feedback to check the video demonstrations and aim to get a little better each day! Still, want more feedback? Post to one of the social groups!
4. Use the right amount of weight! If the weight feels too light, use a heavier weight! Don’t have a heavier weight? Increase the time under tension and hold the weight for longer. Simply squeezing and engaging the muscles more will help you drastically. If the weight feels too heavy decrease the number of reps.
5. Take a freaking rest day when you need to! You know your body, you can FEEL when you’re not pushing hard enough. You can also feel when you’re taking too many days off and need to show up more. Get really honest with yourself and you will know what you need.
6. Find the joy in movement. Your perspective going into your workouts make all the difference. It can be something you’re looking forward to or something you're dreading. Choose to make it something I look forward to every day. This is for you!
7. When in doubt, just move. Yes, move. Dance, play, bike, swim, walk. Anything! If a workout doesn’t align with what you need just make sure you move! This is about consistently showing up for yourself.
8. Don't take it too seriously. Often you will find me dancing in the weight room. It literally gets to be what you make it. Allowing myself to live in a state of complete joy brightens so many other peoples day. I know this because they tell me.
The best part? Me increasing my vibe for me allows others to increase their vibe too. When the goal is always me first. I literally had a 2x national body building champion told me I didn't need to wipe down the equipment because he didn't think I had cooties. The story you're creating about others judging you is a story.
I mean you never know what embracing your most goofy, fun, expressed self could really take you....
This all comes down to your personal goals, what you are learning to like, how much time you dedicate and make space for, and what equipment or household items you have to complete your routine.
If you desire to get back on track, to start a routine, or increase strength my 21 Day Fit Program starts 9-27-2021!
This program will help you self lead so you can